Monday, January 23, 2017

For Goodness Cake

Yesterday was a very long day for me. I had medical tests this morning at the hospital and had to be ready and be there by 6am. And the prep for the tests had me up all night. So in between bathroom visits I made a few cards to keep my mind from wandering off too far. Here's one of the cards that I made.

The cake image is from Scribbles Designs. Sandy is celebrating the 4th birthday of the Scribbles Designs shop. And she's celebrating in a big way, with lots of prizes.


You can find all the details here at the Scribbles Designs challenge blog. The cake image I used is a freebie at the challenge blog link. I colored it with Copic markers and then added Cotton Candy Stickles to the icing and Rock Candy Stickles to the candles. I looks really yummy yo me since I've starved myself for the last two days. I used the sketch from the Stella sketch at Catch the Bug.


The papers are scraps from my scrap bin. The sentiment is one of my favorites from Create with TLC die cut with Quik Kutz Tag dies and inked with Spun Sugar distress ink. This one looks like it will go to one of or little nieces. They like the glitz and glitter.
I am entering these challenges:
I'll apologize now if my words are jumbled or I have lots of typos. I'm still coming out of the anesthesia and I would love to sleep if my body would let me. The doc assured me I'd be back to normal tomorrow. What's normal? LOL! Hope you have an awesome week!

Donna



10 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Donna, this is a fun birthday card. Hope all your tests went well.

Loose Stitches said...

Wonderful card! Thank you for joining us at Scribbles Designs!
~DT Sherry x

Brenda's Card Corner said...

Wonderful birthday card Donna...cake looks good enough to eat! Fabulous papers, perfect sentiment, and great take on the sketch! Thank you for joining us this week at QKR Stampede!

Brenda DT

Sherri said...

Fun card & fantastic background papers! That sentiment is just too funny! Thanks for joining our weekly challenge at QKR Stampede!

Diane Louise J said...

Hello… Thanks for sharing your card with us… your card is super sweet and fits perfectly with our “4th Birthday Bonanza” challenge theme… please join us next time and good luck in the draw.
[Diane Louise, DT Member, Scribbles Designs Challenge Blog]

Stephanie said...

Absolutely adorable, thanks for playing along in our Stella Says Sketch challenge at Catch The Bug.

Sandy S said...

Super sweet card! And kudos to you with not feeling well to do some 'art therapy'.... hope you're feeling better.

Thank you so much for joining us at our 4th Birthday Celebration at Scribbles Designs. We're so glad you've joined us!

Thanks again!
Sandy S
Owner & Designer Scribbles Designs

Desire Fourie said...

Donna this is another wonderful project. Its perfect for our 7th ‘ATG with CREATE WITH TLC’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck and hope to see you play with us again.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

I really like the sketch you followed and popping out the birthday cake was great idea. Surely to make someone happy when they receive it.

Pat said...

Love your design, Donna! Thank you for sharing it with us at Scribbles Designs challenge Blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...