Wednesday, November 22, 2017

U is for U-fold Card

So a couple of days ago I was browsing through a fancy fold blog hop and up came a cute called that was named a U-fold card. Bingo! Lights went off behind my eyes and I knew what I was going to do for my "U" card. This was a fairly easy card to make and lays flat for easy mailing.


I used Beccy's Place image from the Snowman Digital Stamp set. I colored the image with Copic markers. The papers are from my scrap box. The tutorial I followed can be found here. She calls it a Bridge card but every other tutorial I saw called it a U-fold card. The dimensions are easy to follow and it's fun to do. The sentiment is from AlteNew Halftone Holidays. I embellished with some three dimensional snowflakes. I am entering these challenges:

We are away from home for the next few days for the Thanksgiving holiday. I'm looking forward to some time with family. Our trip in took a bit longer than usual because of construction, accidents and heavy traffic. Wishing you a very Happy Thanksgiving to all my US friends. Hope everyone has a wonderful Thursday!

Donna

7 comments:

Suzanne H said...

This is a super fun "U" card. I've never seen this before and I think I will try it.

Stef H said...

i really don't know why i'm not seeing your posts on bloglovin. drives me batty. however, all your cards this week are fabulous!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to you and yours. at least i don't have to cook and no company. i actually get to go out - as i do every holiday - over to jade's. the kids all have colds so they don't even want to come by which is ok with me. plus they are 2 hrs away. can't say i blame them.

have a wonderful holiday. hugs to all.

Beccy said...

Fabulous fold Donna, I haven't tried a U-fold card yet but it's on the list. Your red, white and blue colour scheme looks wonderful and I love the beautiful snowflakes you added. Great sentiment too.
Cheers,
Beccy

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

What a fun fold and beautiful card!

JD/ Jill said...

This is a really cute nicely done card! Really like that fold (new to me) I saved the link to put on my long "to do" list...thanks for sharing!

Marilyn said...

Gorgeous card Donna and I quite like the folds.
Thank you for joining us at the Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge and I hope you'll be back again soon.
Marilyn S

Theresa said...

interesting fold. lovely card. thank you for sharing it with us at TTCRD and good luck, Theresa DT xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...